It Takes Time

Helping students make a better choice and avoid for-profit schools like ITT-Tech, Devry, and University of Phoenix

Sources within ITT Tech say that the school is a rip off

Post Articles and Stories that you find on the internet about ITT Tech and other for-profit schools. Please read the section rules before posting.

Postby admin » May 7th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Title: Sources Within ITT Technical Say That The School Is A Rip Off
Date: March 08
Author: Thaddeus Augustus Matthews
Someone found this site and forwarded me the url, this is actual evidence that ITT Tech is fraudulent. They had students repack their loans in sept-oct 2007 for the next year. Just missing the enactment date for the "Truth in Tuition Act". Now that act is passed and sallie mae dumped itt tech. 53,000 students are now screwed, they will not get the funding.

Its the sad truth and i realized what ITT Tech was and who they were aiming for. I am not a misfit, i had a 3.5 gpa in High School and went to Community College, however certain events transpired where i was forced to either go to Las Vegas and attend ITT Tech, or go to California and do nothing.

The first thing that the public should be aware of is that ITT is not a nationally accredited school and the grades cannot be transferred. The source states that the diploma received at the end of the course is not worth the paper it's written on. I'm told that ITT Tech allows anyone to enroll in their program.They administer a 12 minute exam that consists of multiple choice questions. The source states that your basic idiot could pass the test that is given until you pass. The school is setup for those who cannot enter a regular Community College or University. The school I'm told is for misfits of education.

Source: http://thadmatthews.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... n-itt.html
admin
Administrator

ITT Campus: AZ - Phoenix (Tempe)
Still attending: No

Advertisement

Postby aka name » May 11th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Title: Sources within ITT Technical say that the school is a rip off
Date: March 24, 2008
Author: Thaddeus Matthews
[This rules! Be sure to copy all of the pics/stuff he has online and post a message on his site. A fairly recent article from a radio dj (?). ]

Sources within ITT Technical School located at 7260 Goodlett Farms in Cordova who are tired of seeing the school prey on the poor and uninformed have provided me with documentation that's shows how the school is ripping students off. In this story we will discuss the high cost of their programs along with how financial aid advisers knowing that students don't qualify for a loan place them in classes any way.

Source: http://thadmatthews.blogspot.com/2008/03/coming-tonight-sources-within-itt.html
The only real students attending ITT Tech are the ones that shouldn't be there.
Articles
aka name
Global Moderator

Re: Sources within ITT Tech say that the school is a rip off

Postby admin » May 11th, 2008, 4:53 pm

But yes, it is awesome. I did copy the images too.

It is sad that in about 20 days or so. All of these new students from Jan or even Dec. are going to be screwed. :crying:
admin
Administrator

Postby aka name » May 12th, 2008, 6:56 pm

I'll search the board before I post next time.

It is sad that in about 20 days or so. All of these new students from Jan or even Dec. are going to be screwed.

Do they realise that? If so, they need to speak up...
Articles
aka name
Global Moderator

Dead bird on my porch.

Postby SheepToTheFleecing » May 12th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Do WHAT now?!?! (Fuck me?!?! Fuck my mother?!?!) Teh cursor, it flickers.
SheepToTheFleecing
Junior

Postby admin » May 12th, 2008, 9:34 pm

its cool, i am going to merge the 2 topics together.
admin
Administrator

Re: Dead bird on my porch.

Postby aka name » May 17th, 2008, 3:34 pm

SheepToTheFleecing wrote:Do WHAT now?!?! (Fuck me?!?! Fuck my mother?!?!) Teh cursor, it flickers.
Sigh...that depends on how much you can still borrow in order to pursue your education at a real school, among other things. Isn't there a limit to the amount of money a student can borrow to earn their first Bachelor's Degree?

I was able to defer my student loan for four years when I went back to college because I was at least a half-time student. I still paid about 50 bucks a month to cover the interest, though.
Articles
aka name
Global Moderator

Re: Actual evidence ITT Tech commit Fraud!!!

Postby SheepToTheFleecing » May 17th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Thanks, good to know. I don't really like school anymore, but I could give it a go. Something to think about. Thanks.
SheepToTheFleecing
Junior

Postby aka name » May 17th, 2008, 8:18 pm

The advisors at the community college I went to after ITT were very helpful; they gave me a lot of advice about financial aid, how to transfer, etc. Please talk to someone who helps students for a living. :)
Articles
aka name
Global Moderator

Postby Monkeymook » June 29th, 2008, 11:05 pm

...along with how financial aid advisers knowing that students don't qualify for a loan place them in classes any way.

This also reminds me of how in the film SiCKO, people can be dragged to the health dept., just to get rejected by the interview process. You can get prefectly legit healthcare, but still be rejected for claims due to previous ailments, whether you disclose them or not.
I went to ITT Technical Institute, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!
Monkeymook
Freshman

ITT Campus: VA - Norfolk

Postby IlikeItt » July 13th, 2008, 12:35 am

Well, im going to ITT in Anaheim and its great. The instructors know what they are teaching you. You guys say that you attend and get an A, that is not true. You have assignments and homework to turn in and test to take. On my last quarter, there were a few guys that did not miss a class did little or no work and got an F. ITT may be a scam where you people live, but here in California, it is not.
IlikeItt

Postby admin » July 13th, 2008, 2:35 am

Wow you must be really that clueless.
How do u know what grades they got? Your so full of shit i can smell ya from here. If your lucky, your teacher will actually give you assignments. In my classes, most of the teachers handed them out but never collected them, nor required them to be turned in. Every single test i took was Open Book or Take Home.

It doesn't matter where the campus is located, Its all ran by the same company under the same guidelines and administration. THEY ARE NOT INDEPENDENT!!!
admin
Administrator

Postby IlikeItt » July 13th, 2008, 3:54 am

To answer your question, they told me that they got an F. In this quarter, I have College Math, DC electronics and PC Technology and all my teachers hand out homework. We also have to do a quiz every week and there not open book or open notes test. So yeah, I guess im lucky :D
IlikeItt

Postby KuJoe » July 13th, 2008, 4:16 am

+1, I never had this much work at my community college. :(
KuJoe
Freshman

Postby panzercannon01 » October 26th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Bullshit! You don't have to work to get an A. I went to ITT for one "quarter" and I decided it was worthless by finals week. I didn't attend any of the finals at all, and I later received a report card giving me strait A pluses in every class. Note: I also never turned in any assignments, and only did a few projects.
panzercannon01

ITT Campus: AZ - Tucson

Next

Return to Articles